Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weird problem with Sharepoint Permission

This week I encountered a weird problem. I tried to give user permission to 1 of the web site my company's user created. After I give the user permission as usual I still cannot access the page. Then I try to give full permission for the account. Still cannot. After some investigation, I found out this problem.

Site Administrator never check in the Master Page template and the template is in draft state. Since the template is in draft state it is only accessible by administrators and the template owner for this case. Other users cannot see the page because the Master Page template is not accessible. I asked the user to check in and approve the template. After that the problem is resolved! What a tricky issue!

No comments: